My Blog List

Monday, September 19, 2011

the cave

 Prior military experience not only dictates my actions but also my conduct and professionalism as an individual. Punctuality, Discipline, Courtesy, Respect and dignity are major working parts of a Marine Corps service member’s everyday life. Once discharged and continuing my civilian life has been a severe change in reality, what once used to be constant battlefield tactics and procedures have now changed to text books and essays, knowing that not all people in the civilian world go by the same values and understandings we of a very few group of actual war time vets share. In a different aspect of self-reliance and strive is what I have to go off of, not like before when it was always a team effort not me nor I, but us and the team or in my case my marines or my peers. Looking at the way world works outside the walls and restrictions of civilian knowledge to military behavior and motives has given a new meaning to being versatile.
                                In Ten years of constant deployments and war time environment’s has proven not only the mental stress but physical stress factors some have to share. Some not commonly shared by the civilian world but understood by the battle hardened few that have given the ultimate sacrifice to achieve the little bit we have. Not appreciated by many but acknowledged by some, I as person have learned that all our choices have a consequence, all our lives enduring pains and constant battles have an end and we as individuals will dictate what and when will it happen. I chose my path and it only made me who I am today a strong goal orientated individual with no responsibilities such as wife, kids or partner really can focus on what is going to make my long term goals that much easier.
                                One and only one thing that fuels my fire to continue is the idea in which if you don’t for yourself no one will. The world as we know it will not stop its rotation for anyone or anything knowing this I continue with the only things I’ve learned motivation and strive nothing else. The basic tools I need to survive in this so called dog eat dog world. No hesitation, no regrets push forward and continue on , for the rigid road is always the one least traveled and that’s the one I choose to go down for I can enjoy the rewards of hard work and constant strive for the best or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment